Ellesmera
Home of the Elves

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Prince Caspian

Very nice movie. In fact, I will go as far as to say that it is as good as the book, which is high praise for an adaptation.
About a hundred times better than the Harry Potter movies, in my opinion, though maybe the balance is tilted. Narnia is this wooded paradise, so you can have all these gorgeous bright green and blue locales, while Hogwarts is sort of dark. Anyway, good graphics and maybe the movie also profits because I don't completely remember the story of the book, and the changes they made didn't rankle so much. The actors are quite apt. I loved Reepicheep in the books, and he was great in the movie too.
Completely unnecessary romantic track, but I'm glad that they didn't portray Susan as misogynistically as Lewis had. She's actually quite bright and brave in this one. Go watch it!

P.S. The book is very good too. I've just re-read it.

3 Comments:

  • I felt that Prince Caspian ,the movie, was much better than the book. which was quite naive and childish.Yeah,it was zillion times better than HP movies which are quite a waste compared to the books.Though,I didn't like the way they improvised the book (you know what I mean) and I loved the song at the end although not its positioning.
    Here's that song.Listen to it ,maybe you like it without its romantic aspect in the movie.(!!!)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye2AMVDtBss

    By Blogger Edmund Anderson, at 12:23 PM  

  • It is rather good, thanks. I hope it's an omen that they won't exclude Susan from the last movie. I hate the last book so badly, I hope they totally change that one.
    Prince Caspian was one of the better Narnia books, and the movie was definitely as good and maybe better. Maybe even as good as the LOTR movies, which is high praise.

    By Blogger Namya, at 6:30 AM  

  • The Narnia books clearly reflect the highly chauvinistic outlook of Lewis as he considers women to be misfits in a battle whereas Tolkien considers both men and women worthy of fighting.Even I didn't like the portrayal of Susan in the book..I find the LOTR movies better as they 've the inherent strength of an amazing storyline.I too hope they don't exclude Susan from the book but that depends on how much creative freedom the director's allowed to take.
    Personally,I find reading books a more fulfilling experience than watching them in form of movies 'coz that lets my imagination take off.

    By Blogger Edmund Anderson, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home